Sunday, May 30, 2010

Free is fabulous...down 5 and counting!!1

The blog here as seen some serious neglect. I often forget what life throws at me when I am trying to watch what I eat and try and fit in some exercise. CHAOS...the one constant in my life now. Other than God of course. There is something to be said for those who are diligent in their diet and exercise routines. I personally, am not! Woops. I have determined after many trial and much error, that cheating is not something that I can induldge in. I must be crazy but eating a can of tuna fish for lunch with one peice of string cheese and a box of raisins is working. I try and eat protein only for breakfast. Then dinner time is whatever I make and have tried to make better choices for me and my family. Of course with summer in full swing, the grill is my favorite kitchen tool. And yes, I can use it. Not just my husband! Fresh fruit and veggies abound and have been fully stocked in my kitchen for several weeks now. I am in my favorite food heaven!

My ever so kind sister in law and brother just gave me an eliptical that they no longer wanted. I am hoping that adding a different form of exercise will begin shedding more weight. I really like running and wish that I could fit it in more. I should get up early and get it in...but I don't and I am enjoying the fact that my alarm clock is off for 2 months! I made it for 30 minutes tonight and hope that I can acutally walk tomorrow...

Well here is to keeping on keeping on...I am on again and off again but still trying to make healthy choices. I want to be an example to my children. My choice to eat right and exercise may in fact encourage them to be better at all they do. Oh and ps...I ate no cake at the 3 graduation parties, 2 birthday parties and a wedding! I do have self control, it just got lost somewhere along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment