Monday, March 15, 2010

Coke is a drug!

Yeah I said it...and you know that I totally mean Coke-a-Cola and not cocaine! Although the latter is true as well.

After a weekend of the best diet ever...competition diet...no time to leave the convention center for anything. No time to stop and eat anyway and when I wanted to eat, concession stand food was NOT what I desired. So I survived the weekend on $4.00 cokes. Nope no diet coke for me...yuck! I even refrained from the king size reese's peanut butter cups...Now that is discipline! On the way home we stopped to eat real food. Our stop at the Olive Garden, which is not my favorite restaurant, I opted for the grilled salmon with steamed broccoli. That being said. I rocked that weekend.

This week, I was not so good. I continued with the cokes and know that they make me feel good during the moment, but regret it for the rest of the day. Being that I was gone for the previous weekend, I never made it to the grocery store and as a result, we had pizza, zaxby's, french fries, girl scout cookies, even a double doozie etc...! Now I am feeling lousy! I have had heart burn, which I used to only get when I was pregnant...oh wait, I weighed this when I was pregnant. I have to be honest and say that I have not gotten on the scale this week. I just know that I can feel a difference in how I feel. I began today eating better again. I did okay during the daytime, but dinner was and is often my downfall.

A minor set back, but on the whole, I am down 8 lbs total since I began. I am afraid to see how much I put on this week so I chose to remain ignorant. What we don't know won't hurt us right!

Here is to a minor set back and future weight loss, cause summer is around the corner and I am fairly certain that I will not be able to squeeze into any shorts that I currently own!

No comments:

Post a Comment